National Bank of Vernon

The first bank of Vernon was chartered in 1839 and chartered as a national bank in 1865. It was founded by John Knox (president), Salmon Case (cashier) and T.F. Hand (teller). The bank survived a century and a half. It was originally located in the back of Salmon Case's Stone Store. For most of its life, the bank occupied the building constructed in 1839 and opened in 1840 on Seneca Street.
Parkside Methodist Church of Vernon Center

The first Methodist churc in the Vernon area, founded by a group of Vernon Center families. First erected a building in the Vernon Center Green in 1828. Later moved to its present site. Tower rebuilt in 1850 after a lightning strike. Renovated around 1880. New parish house built in rear for $4,000 in 1929 by Oscar F. Law, as well as a new pipe organ and an indoor toilet for the parsonage next door.
Pohl’s Engine Works

One of the preeminent internal combustion engine makers of their day, the factory churned out engines on the banks of the Sconondoa at Verona Street from 1898-1918.
Rambler Rose Tea House

The Rambler Rose Tea House, a turn-of-the-century tea room and restaurant, provided well-to-do guests with “fancy tea in a country setting” from 1913 to approximately 1927.
Sconondoa Inn / Vernon House

One of the first buildings in Vernon, which was where the Vernon Post Office is today.
St. Agnes Catholic Church

Began in what was Pettibone Hall on Main Street (Youngs Rd), with Rev. S.J. Cannane. When Holy Family Church in Vernon was built, former St. Agnes building became Vernon Center's Fire Department




