Founded: January 1, 1839
Ended: April 2, 2007
Location: 5238 W Seneca St, Vernon, NY 13476, USA
OverviewThe first bank of Vernon was chartered in 1839 and chartered as a national bank in 1865. It was founded by John Knox (president), Salmon Case (cashier) and T.F. Hand (teller). The bank survived a century and a half. It was originally located in the back of Salmon Case's Stone Store. For most of its life, the bank occupied the building constructed in 1839 and opened in 1840 on Seneca Street.