Founded: September 1, 1877
Ended: September 1, 1956
Location: 23 Front St, Vernon, NY, USA
OverviewThe principal lumber company for the area, with a water powered mill, and later a turbine for generating the town's first electrical service. In 1907 it was incorporated, and they purchased the WIlliam Torrey coal business. The business was known as Tyler until 1941 when it was purchased by Douglas Lynch of Whitesboro. But in 1965, Robert Grant purchased the business and built a new home on Route 5 east of Cannery Lane.