Founded: June 1, 1813
Ended: December 1, 1875
Location: 11 Mill St, Vernon, NY, USA
OverviewThe first frame school in Vernon was constructed around 1798, facing east, on a "Gospel Lot" on Seneca St east of the present fire house. It was replaced in 1817 by a red brick building, which was shared with the Masonic Lodge and later also the Odd Fellows. It was located where the present Baptist Church services wing is as of 2020. The records for it began in 1813. In 1875, it became part of the Vernon Union Free School district.