Location: 3905 New York 26, Vernon Center, NY, USA
OverviewThe first school classes in the Town of Vernon were held by teacher Mr. Sessions in Vernon Center in the late 1790s. They met locally in a log cabin, until the meeting house in the Green was built. A one room schoolhouse was later built next to the Green, at the site of the present day (2020) Vernon Center Post Office. The building became a 2-room schoolhouse in 1896, as several Vernon Center schoolhouses were united. Students attended there through 1960.